Thursday, April 11, 2013

My 2 Top Foundations - Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and MAC Matchmaster


I'm not a daily user of foundations but when I do use them, I have different needs on different days. Sometimes I want the coverage to be sheer and other times, I want a more solid one depending upon the occasion and if I would be wearing it in the day or evening. After tons of research, testing and trying two foundations make it to my list of favourites! They are Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and MAC Mactchmaster. Lets look at each of these and see what makes them my top 2!

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua - Ultra Light Skin Perfecting Makeup: Price Rs 2600 for 30ml
Available at Chanel Store, Imperial Hotel, New Delhi (This unfortunately is the only store Chanel has in entire Delhi NCR :( but I hear that one more is opening soon in Select City Walk. Chennai too got a new Chanel Store recently. Check HERE Chanel store locator for all the cities in India)


I picked shade 40 Beige as it went really well with my skin. As the name suggests it actually is an 'Ultra light skin perfecting' makeup. The consistency is light and smooth and just disappears into the skin, making it look like your own skin but better! It has a sheer coverage so its excellent for the day time and leaves me with a fresh dewy finish on my skin. It comes with SPF 15 and photographs really well. This is why I absolutely love this foundation. The only negative is the price but believe me a little bit of product goes a long way so a bottle would last you 8-12 months! Its ideal for girls who have mostly normal, even skins with little to cover as it doesnt provide much coverage.

MAC Matchmaster Foundation: Price Rs 2300 for 35 ml
Available at all MAC stores across India (Check HERE for Store Locations)


I'm a shade 4 in MAC Match master. Now this is semi matt finish foundation with medium coverage which is biuldable. I use it mostly while going out in the evenings. This too blends very well with the skin without looking cakey or ashy. Its perfect for girls with combination to oily skins as it reduces shine and remains fresh for a very long time. Again its a bit expensive but will last really long. The benefits clearly outweigh the negatives. I would always recommend investing in a good foundation as it can really make or break your entire look.
Below are some swatches from both the foundations. Hope you found this useful!


Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Blended

MAC Matchmaster

MAC Matchmaster blended
Im sorry the pics with the foundations blended havent come out so well (trust me I tried hard) but they blend really well with the skin so with both the foundations your skin just looks better :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi dear useful review me too have oily skin and searching for a good foundation :) will check MAC one soon :)

    ReplyDelete